In which Erika describes bits of our lives for those who care.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Surprise


Well, hello.

This morning as I was wishing my nephew, Aaron, a Happy Birthday via Skype, my dear sister-in-law, Kirsten, commented that she'd laughed about my post from yesterday. This was somewhat of a revelation since, as far as I was aware, the only people who were "invited" to look at this blog were Dave and me. I was planning on inviting the grandmas when I got a few days stocked up, but not too many other people. I'm sure this reveals my ignorance in the world of blogging, but I still have no idea how to know who can see this (or, for that matter, how to shrink our photo so it doesn't look like we're trying to take over the world, one massive family picture at a time). If anyone has any help for me, I welcome comments--the more sarcastically worded the better, naturally.

But speaking of skyping reminds me of the fact that I was at my in-laws today because today was...(drumroll)...Grandma Day! (Sorry Grandpa, that's just what we call it.) As much as Rolland and I love each other, I think Thursday is one of our favorite days of the week. We both get spoiled--him with attention and me with uninterrupted blocks of precious, precious time. Sigh...it's wonderful. So, here's an official THANK YOU to G&G for loving the kids and wanting to spend time with them (and for giving them back again when I start to miss them, usually around 4:45).

PS--Kirsten, I'm not sure what I missed in the Skype conversation, but tonight Rolland suggested that we "pray for Uncle Dick because his brain isn't coming back." Comments?


Holding his sister is getting a little more adventurous for Rolland.

No comments: