In which Erika describes bits of our lives for those who care.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sharpening Our Interpersonal Skills

Watch out, we're pokey.















We spent the last week at a training designed to help us think through topics like "Relationship Killers," "Managing Our Conflicts," "Building Trust," "Helping Others Grieve Well," etc. While we don't feel like we got a lot of brand new information, the fact that we were forced to take time to think through these things, to look at Bible passages concerning them, and to express our ideas out loud with a group helped us make sure we know what we think, and that we do what we know.

As a result of this week, I'm planning on making a "time budget" for myself to make sure I prioritize the things I say are my priorities, but which I often neglect because they don't feel urgent. (Example: "I have there rest of my life to develop my prayer life, but this bill needs to be sent in right NOW." Does it? What if I took half an hour to pray before I wrote the check? Would the world fall off its axis?)

We also got to spend time with a few couples that are headed to our part of the world around the same time we are. The Ortizes hope to head to Zagreb before the year is over, and the Hestons will go to Kosova around the same time we go to Croatia (Lord willing). They're all A-#1 people, and it was great to get to know them better!

Now that these 2 weeks are over, we only have 1 training left (in January). Our main focus now is on doing our part as far as fundraising and partner development. We know that ultimately everything will come from God, so we're even trusting Him for the faithfulness to do our parts. Thank you for joining us in prayer as we wait for God to "open the doors to Croatia."

No comments: