In which Erika describes bits of our lives for those who care.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Mango or Melon?


When my friends are pregnant, my two favorite things are: 1) to hear what size produce their baby compares to at any given time, and 2) to see pics of how their bellies are progressing. Dave and I have tried (with slightly above average success) to take a sideways picture of me every Sunday since we found out about Stroopie. We were originially thinking we'd make a flipbook so you could make my belly grow in fast-forward, but I haven't been able to wear the same shirt or stand in front of the same wall every time. Plus, I'm afraid that I might notice my butt growing, too, and I'm pretending that's not happening...at least not yet, anyway.


So, Stroopie is about the size of a mango (the yellow, stringy ones--I think--as opposed to the small green ones), but I can't guarentee what you'll see in the picture. Apparently my belly presents some sort of optical illusion, because people who see me a few days in a row inevitably comment on how pregnant I'm looking, while people who see me for the first time ever inevitably exclaim, "You're expecting a baby in November? I never would've guessed!" I take it as a compliment either way. :)

1 comment:

Eva said...

Yeah, wow, I really can't tell you're 23 weeks along. Glad you can feel the baby though. That's exciting!