In which Erika describes bits of our lives for those who care.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Rolland Says

Rolland has two teachers at BSF (the weekly Bible study that I go to--I highly recommend it if you can find one in your area) Their names are Mrs. Grifhorst and Mrs. Wizwary. Dave still doesn't believe me and makes Hogwarts jokes when I talk about them. But Rolland likes them, and that's what matters. In fact, I had this conversation with him just last Wednesday at lunch:

Rolland: We're doing a good job staying seated!
Me: Oh? Who tells you to "stay seated"?
Rolland: Mrs. Grifhorst.
Me: Ah, she's very nice. Do you like her?
Rolland: I LOVE Mrs. Grifhorst...(thoughtful pause)...but usually horses don't come to class.

So, I'll be sure to emphasize that last "t" in her name from now on. I wonder what he thinks a Grif Horse is. Similar to a unicorn?

Speaking of lunchtime conversations, we had one today. Well, it was more of an "incident" than a conversation. He gets (and I am not proud of this) candy when he goes pee-pee in the potty. He did so today and looked forward to his half of a mini Snickers bar for lunch dessert. Soup gone, I gave him the chocolate and left the table to work in the kitchen. He was quiet for a long time--probably 10 minutes--when all of a sudden he burst into tears.

Me: Rolland! What's wrong?
Rolland: (sobbing) I didn't want to swallow!

Kid knows how to savor. Dave says he's "such a first child." The kind that turns candy canes into weapons. En garde!

Last one. This evening Dave and I were having a conversation about Tim Tebow, whom we admire. Rolland wanted to join in so, like any mom, I immediately explained that Tebow does nice things for people because he wants to be like Jesus (and don't you want to be like Jesus, too, my son?). Somehow this reminded him of a cartoon where a shepherd saves a sheep. We must've told him that the shepherd was like Jesus, because before I knew it he was asking why the shepherd had to buy football tickets for people. Sigh.

In other news, here are some photos I took for Rolland's passport app. You're not supposed to smile! Boo.





And a fun snack we made today.
Snowflake tortillas!


No comments: