In which Erika describes bits of our lives for those who care.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Still Going...

This may sound strange, but I used to feel a little defensive when people asked us, "So, how's it going with support raising?" I know what they said, but I often heard, "Hey, why are you still in the States? Why should I have confidence in you?" I was believing a lie. Praise God for His ongoing work in my heart, and for using the people on our prayer team to teach and change me! A partner asked the question in a more specific way this past month and it helped me understand the genuine concern behind the inquiry. When this person asked if we were in "good spirits," a light bulb came on for me. I both knew and believed that our partners want to pray and be involved and get us to Croatia.

Let me answer the question, "How is support raising going?" God is so good! Over the past summer He has given us a sense of peace and confirmation that we are headed in the right direction. He has lifted our spirits and used partners and friends to encourage us as we wait for the Lord and press on with the activities planned out for each day. We have certainly been working/waiting for our departure longer than we had expected. At the same time, we have seen God doing unexpected and wonderful things in us and through us while we are here in the USA.

It has been an awesome summer!


2 comments:

Eva said...

So cute. Love that chubby little face!

Jeremy said...

Perhaps every missionary gets asked this question. The question to us was "What happens if you don't go? Is there a plan b?" Make sure you guys stick with plan a. And we'll stick with you.