In which Erika describes bits of our lives for those who care.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

He's Off!

Well, this evening we ripped the first loop off our paperchain countdown. Dave left this morning, and so far I've gone shopping, forgotten to feed the kids dinner, and put them to bed an hour late. I need you, Honey!

Actually, Dave did a really good job preparing, so this morning we had a lovely, relaxed breakfast and even had time for a rousing round of Ping-Pong Bandit, followed by Fireman Sam, Doctor, and Yogurt Tub Stack-Up. I think that was good for all of us, and now our house is bandit, fire, and injury-free, so I think Dave will feel good about that as he's away.

After we said good bye, it occurred to me that I've been prepping myself for the whole time he'll be gone, and now part of it is already over. Each moment only means that we'll be together sooner. Very romantic, I know.

Fortunately, I've checked out Kisses from Katie from the library, so hopefully a dose of that will give me perspective. I mean, I miss Dave, but it's not like I've moved to an impoverished village on a different continent to adopt dozens of orphans...by myself. That said, Dave did have a dream last night in which Opal grew up to be a black girl, so maybe that's in our future! Let's do it!

No comments: