In which Erika describes bits of our lives for those who care.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Unlicked

If you'd asked me a month ago, I would've said, "Yeah, I think Rolland's got the potty training thing pretty well licked." Which is why I'm glad you didn't ask.

My theory is that with moving to the new apartment, he figures all routines are up for grabs. Or maybe he's decided that sometimes he likes to ride his bike, and sometimes he likes to leave it lying in the middle of the living room; sometimes he likes to go in the potty and other times...not so much. Either way, he's been wearing a lot of afternoon diapers lately. I'm not an optimist, but I do like to start the morning with hope. The past few days have solidified my pessimism.

I started today with hope and a plan. I dreamed up a new incentive program featuring removable stickers and the promise of a "treat," until my foodie conscience got the better of me, and I tried to change it to a "toy," so now it's a "toy treat," whatever that is. It doesn't really matter since he was unable to achieve the 5 in-the-potty stickers necessary to earn it. Well, actually he did earn more than 5--it's just that he lost 3 along the way for "accidents" (a very generous term in this case).

Oh well, I'm sure he'll get it eventually. And we'll all be stronger for it.

No comments: