In which Erika describes bits of our lives for those who care.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

From Dave's Devos

I recently enjoyed reading Psalm 30. I think like Psalm 22 (a messianic prophecy as well as a prayer of David) Psalm 30 gives a bigger picture than just its literal meaning to the author, David.

King David probably considered himself a representative of all Jews. After all, he was king and Eastern thought is all about community and not individuals. So when we says, "You have made my mountain firm" in vs. 7 -- for example -- he is probably referring to God's work in the nation of Israel as a whole.

The bigger picture is about God's love for redeeming, reviving, and restoring. It's like God's hobby. Not that I want to devalue the importance of these amazing acts, but think about how much God enjoys doing these things! The Psalm is filled with references that remind me of God's reconciliation with us through Christ, and God's ultimate plan to restore the world (Eden) to perfection. It is a reminder for me about loving (and appreciating) our Loving God and showing that love through praise, which is what King David is doing in Psalm 30.


No comments: